I’ve also been enjoying Tierra Farm Chocolate Hazelnut Butter.
With all this chocolate-hazelnut business, it didn’t take long for my mind to start dreaming up recipes.
And a delicious new granola was born.
It’s chocolate-y, nutty, but not too sweet. Basically a decadent yet guilt-free breakfast.
What’s not to love?
- 3 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 flaxseed
- a couple grinds of sea salt
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 4 Tbs chocolate hazelnut spread (I used Tierra Farm)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbs nondairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tsp almond extract (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
2. Mix the oats, cocoa powder, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, almonds, flaxseed, and sea salt in a bowl.
6. Let cool completely and enjoy!
This is good straight off the pan.
Add in strawberries and you have a pretty perfect breakfast.
This will keep for a long time stored in the fridge (or even freezer).
But mine didn’t last too long at all.
As I made my way, bowl by bowl, through this batch of granola, it occurred to me…you should really try this chocolate hazelnut spread! And I should give it to you!
So one lucky reader will receive their very own jar–kindly donated by Tierra Farm.
Because, well, I like you guys.
And then you could make this granola…OR (even better idea) just eat it straight from the spoon. (I won’t judge!)
It’ll even come with this little guy…
And because this is the blog’s first-ever giveaway, I’ll also throw in some almond butter. And not just any almond butter, my friends. You may or may not remember, but in addition to the chocolate hazelnut butter, Tierra Farm happens to make my all-time favorite almond butter.
So who’s in???
How To Enter:
Leave a comment on this post telling me YOUR all-time favorite almond butter (and/or granola flavor).
And for additional entries:
- Follow me on Twitter @unmitigatedgrub.
- Tweet about the giveaway: “@unmitigatedgrub is giving away @TierraFarm chocolate hazelnut spread AND almond butter! http://wp.me/p1f5Vk-11D”
You have until Thursday, July 28 at 8pm EST to enter.