Today’s post is a short one–but my breakfast was too good not to share immediately.
So what is it? Coined a “dough boy” by its creator Kath, it’s essentially overnight oats blended into a smoothie, creating a dough-like texture.
Smoothie meets overnight oats? I’m in.
I love my green monster overnight oats–but have never thought to blend the oats. Some people are so creative.
Here’s what I did.
Smooth Operator: Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Bowl
Adapted from Kath Eats Real Food
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk + 1/4 cup more
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 Tbs flaxseed, ground
- 1 Tbs hemp seeds (optional)
- 2 heaping Tbs peanut flour
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- bit of vanilla
- peanut butter and banana to top
1. Blend everything (except for 1/4 cup of the milk and the pb and banana for topping) in a food processor (or blender) until smooth.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. In the morning, blend again with the 1/4 cup of milk. Top with peanut butter and banana slices and devour.
Voluminous. Light, yet filling. Yummy.
If you love peanut butter and banana, make this.
Now the blob of peanut butter can be blended in, of course, but I love my nut butter on top so I can have a lot in my last bite. :)
Do you stir nut butter into your breakfast or keep a blob on top?